A good photograph adds an aesthetic touch in projecting any activity and the Photo Section of the Department have to make all-out efforts to enhance the image of the State Government through this impressive art and medium of publicity.
One of the main functions of the Photo Section is to ensure photo coverage of all the important functions of the State Government, including those of His Excellency the Governor, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Ministers and other VVIPs. In this era of technological advancements and to keep pace with it, the Photo Section uses hi-tech digital cameras as well as latest computers, including laptops with internet facility, to not only ensure quality photographs, but also their quick release.
Apart from this, the Photo Section also provides timely as well as quality input (photographs) for the following purposes:
- To provide photographs for features and press releases.
- To provide photographs for photographic panels and blow-ups to the Exhibition Section.
- To provide photographs for the promotion of art and culture.
- To provide photographs for illustrating points during Press Conferences.
- To provide photographs for various publications, like booklets, magazines, calendars, pamphlets, advertisements, etc.
The Photo Section have also to maintain a library of digital photographs. The job profile of Photo Section is of highly sophisticated nature, which requires utmost attention and professional expertise to produce quick and best result.
The Photo Section is headed by Additional Director (Press). The work of Photo Section is supervised by Deputy Director (Photo) who is supported by Photo & Cinema Officer, Assistant Photo & Cinema Officer, Photographers, Printers and other staff.